Background

Saturday, April 2, 2011

What I meant to say was...

"I do not think that word means what you think it means" (Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride")


I have a nasty habit of answering trivia questions way too quickly, and being so completely sure I'm right that I hardly wait to fact check myself. The other night during bible study time with Ryan, we stopped for a question of his...


"What was that word for when people used to whip themselves as an act of humility and worship? I can't remember..."


"Flatulation"


(silence and a smirk from Ryan)


"I don't think that's quite it, hunny"


"No, really, it was called 'flatulation'" (I say with a perfectly straight face and no inkling of what just came out of my mouth... happens all too often, unfortunately)


As Ryan begins to giggle... I realize my error and correct myself...


"Flagellation... I meant flagellation!"


"Oh good, I was beginning to worry that people were worshipping by letting it rip over and over... 'I love God!...toot toot!'"


It's nice that we can still have a good giggle over something as simple as fart-humor... that's what really cements our marriage together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are AWESOME... but be nice or I might cry, kthanx!
Mel