Background

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Caleb's Argument-Ender

Caleb's hit his terrible two's, and as usual, he's doing it with his own flair for the dramatic. He's ramping up his sister-terrorizing, his "No Mommy!"s, and I think his lip couldn't pout out much further if we popped him in the mouth with a hammer drill. He's like a cute, tiny dictator (mini Mussolini?) trying to take over the household. And now he's figured out his argument-ender.

Frequently when we're on car rides, my children, much like all other children of the world (must be in their handbook), decide to get into arguments about whatever flotsam floats into their little brains. For example... Hannah: "Policemen hide to catch criminals!" Sarah: "No, criminals hide from police!" Caleb: "No! NO KIMINALS, I YIKE POLEEEEEEES!" then one of the girls has to begin the real crux of the argument by trying to convince Caleb they weren't even talking to him and he doesn't understand the argument. This angers Caleb, as most things do lately, and his volume rises, and then Mommy has to stop the argument. Lately my hard and fast argument-ender is "STOP ARGUING WITH THE TWO YEAR OLD! THAT JUST MAKES NO SENSE... HE'S TWO, LET IT GO GIRLS!" Then, with a huff, the argument ends and silence reigns once more in my car.

Then today, from my car I hear this conversation:

Hannah: I'm glad we're going home.

Caleb: I'M NOT GOIN HOME, I'M GONNA WATCHA MOOOOOVIE!"

Hannah: Caleb, I'm not saying you can't watch your movie, I'm saying we're going home.

Caleb: NO! MOVIE! MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE!

Hannah: Caleb, I'm not sayeeeeeeing that. I'm sayeeeeeeeeing...

Caleb: DON'T ARGUE WIFFA TWO YEAR OLE!

And so the argument ended.

I think he's gonna be a lawyer. He seems good with loopholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are AWESOME... but be nice or I might cry, kthanx!
Mel