Background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

First let me apologize...

    I am a terrible blog-keeper.  But I beg your forgiveness, being a Momma of three (four if you count the hubs), and a homeschooler, and a Jane-of-all-trades lately has made it tough to log in and share my experiences.  I find myself at the end of some days with my head spinning from all the busy-ness and wondering how I ever got it all done.  So here I am, playing catch up.
    First of all, I can start with the girls' sixth birthday.  They didn't have a party this year, but they did get some good celebratin' in with Ryan and I and my parents, and a small to-do at Ryan's parents' house during Easter.  We had a nice night out for sushi (their choice) and presents all around.  This year their big present was a soccer goal.  They've started playing again this year with the Upward organization, and Mommy can't get enough of them running up and down the field.  Hannah loves it, and scrambles back and forth in the yard every day to her little hearts content trying to shoot her ball in the goal.  She's turning out to be our little sports-enthusiast, who knew!  Especially since normally she hates all things competitive. Sarah, on the other hand, informed me after practice 1 that, "I only wanted to sign up so I could play the games, not PRACTICE! (rolleyes)"... I call her "the entemologist"- too busy looking for bugs and butterflies to take the time to practice.   So I have a braniac and a jock.  Ok by me :)
   And then there's Caleb.  Ah, Caleb.  Sweet and sparkly, full of mischeif Caleb.  He's really starting to enjoy school now, as long as it's on his terms, and he can't wait to play soccer, either, once they let him.  He's a total trip, trying his hardest to figure out how to make jokes, singing lyrics to our favorite songs at top volume and with hilariously mispronounced wording, and finally starting to try to do things for himself (like put on his own no-tie shoes... COME ON, You're THREE already! Men!).    And he still lives to make his sisters crazy.  Sometimes it takes only an otherwise-innocuous sound, aptly timed and at the appropriate volume at the breakfast table, and he masterfully can have his sisters squealing and writhing in agony and angst, begging me to intervene. 
    Meanwhile, Ryan and I have been house hunting... searching for a quasi-home-of-our-dreams.  Mostly we'd like to find a place with another room for homeschool so that we don't have to take down all our stuff when family comes to visit.  And we'd also love to find a place with a pool and some land for things like gardening and maybe keeping some livestock (because, oh, I don't know, I don't have enough beings to care for as it is?! I think maybe I must have contracted mad-cow disease or some other brain eating disease to think I need more work, but I've somehow convinced myself it will be fun, ha!).  I'm finding house hunting to be harder and more emotional than I expected, but I'm trusting that God will lead us in the right direction, or tell us to keep our butt right where we are.  Either way, it'll all work out. 
    Anyway, just wanted to explain what's up lately, and let whoever cares out there know I'll try to get back on real soom with more posts, but if your still here, thanks for listening and I'll try to do better :)  Or I'll collapse from exhaustion and then it won't matter, will it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are AWESOME... but be nice or I might cry, kthanx!
Mel