Background

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A trip to the Gardens


This morning I got a bug in my butt to take the kids to the Botanical Gardens. It was a gorgeous 71 degrees most of the morning, and I decided to make good use of the passes my Mom bought us. We really enjoyed the Children's Garden. We hunted for (fake) alligator, climbed up the treehouse, danced in a teepee, studied the cactus, and dug in the dirt, and went pee about one million times (including a lovely stop at the airport observation deck where they couldn't wait and peed next to the benches on the ground... squirrels and bunnies do it, so can they) and everyone got a good dose of sunshine before the clouds rolled in at noon. Caleb slumbered through most of it, and when asked what he though, replied, "goo," and then tooted. This is pretty much his reaction to everything. Then we had a picnic in the War Memorial Garden under a lovely white gazebo. Sarah and I shared peanut butter crackers, carrots, and apples, while Hannah ate her apple only and then declared, "I DON'T WANT NO MORE!" and stormed off (her usual reaction to everything, unless we want to go or we want to end a meal, then it's "I WANT MORE!"). Overall it was lots of fun, and I'm so glad I got up the guts to take all three off for the excursion. Unfortunately this meant no naps for the girls this afternoon, so now I'm a bit batty, but it was worth it, I think. Enjoy the picture from the tree house!

1 comment:

  1. Great pic from the Gardens. It really is one of my favorite places in Hampton Roads. Sounds like everyone did great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are AWESOME... but be nice or I might cry, kthanx!
Mel