Background

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Caleb's first sickness

Well it was only a matter of time. Caleb seems to have caught his first cold. He woke up last night with a stuffy, snotty nose and a slight fever (99.9). Today he did much better than I thought, with a happy disposition overall, very very slight stuffy nose, and he was just a bit more tired than usual. Tonight, he's sleeping upright in his swing seat to keep his nose clearer, as he seems a little bit stuffier, but strangely his temperature was low (97.6 forehead, and 96.6 rectal... wierd, huh?). I'm not sure what that means, but I'm going to keep an eye on it. Also, tonight when I was feeding him I noticed a very tiny little lump (about the size of a b.b. pellet) on his neck near the base of his skull, so that's just one more thing to add to the list of things to discuss with the doc at his 4 mo. appt. I'm not too terribly worried, as it's not tender and it seems to "float" under the skin, but if you all could say a little prayer for him, it would be appreciated. It's never easy when your littlest cutie is sick, but thank goodness so far it's not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mel, so sorry Caleb isn't feeling well. That lump sounds familiar. I think I remember Judy saying Emma had something similar. I can ask her what the doc said. See ya

    ReplyDelete

Comments are AWESOME... but be nice or I might cry, kthanx!
Mel